- The dojo will be closed on Monday the 17th in observance of Presidents' Day. However, free practice can be be arranged under the guidance of a senior teacher.
- There are two SoCal Region events this month:
1. The weekend of February 14-16 is the Birankai Southern California Instructors' Intensive in Escondido.
2. Saturday, February 22, Daiwa is hosting a one-day seminar with Didier Boyet Shihan from Hombu Dojo. Please see the flyers at the dojo.
- Testing will be held at the dojo during the morning class, Saturday March 8.
- Tammy Kohn, Melbourne, Australia (October 2014)
- Tim Reynolds (October 2014)
- Kevin Liu
- Mark Drake
- Jeremy Cail
- Ben Kunkel promoted to Shodan on the 21st December, 2013
- Cameron McKenzie 5th kyu
- J.L. Espinosa 4th kyu
- Ben Powers 4th kyu
- Bryce Walker 4th kyu
Many of the members at North County Aikikai tested on December 7th. We are proud to announce the following promotions:
- Yellow: Sasha, Paul, Claire
- Orange: Rory, Blake, Ren
- Blue: Logan, Sai
- Red: Ethan, Sabrina
- 5th Kyu: Cameron
- 4th Kyu: Ben, Bryce, JL
December is here, but Thanksgiving is still in our bellies! Hope you all had a special time with your families and friends and are looking ahead to some good training. Here is our upcoming schedule through the New Year:
- We have testing next Saturday, December 7 - please come and support our testers! We need everyone's participation for ukemi. Special thanks must go to our senior members, R.C., Jan, Sara and Daniel, who have been working tirelessly to prepare our students for their tests. I am very much looking forward to seeing them.
- December 14, 15 - Seminar at San Diego Aikikai with Lizzy Lynne sensei. Flyer to come.
- December 21 - last class of this year. Holiday Party in the works! Details forthcoming.
- The dojo will be closed from December 23 through January 4, 2014. First class of the New Year will be on Saturday the 4th. However, during the holidays, the dojo will of course be available for practice under the guidance of a senior member. So watch out for posts as to when these might be.
- Jiai Aikido in San Diego will be hosting their annual Bridge (Friendship) Seminar from January 16 through 20. I am very pleased to have been invited as a guest instructor along with Ikeda Sensei and Cindy Hayashi Sensei. I will share details as soon as I have them and hope to see you there. I look forward to this opportunity to train with students from other schools of aikido.
I wish you all an enjoyable and calm holiday season! - Sensei