The dojo will be closed in honor of Memorial Day on Monday, May 27th.
Thank you all for your positive energy and efforts to keep the dojo healthy and energetic during my vacation. I hope that you all enjoyed the holidays and of course wish everyone the best of health in this new year. Can't believe it's February already!
- Monday, February 18 is President's Day and the dojo will be closed. However, with the Spring Intensive coming up the following weekend, I will be available to oversee a free weapon's practice for our senior students.
- Friday, February 22 through Sunday 24, is the Spring Intensive at Joshua Tree. This involves only a small group of our students, and classes will be held as usual at the dojo.
- Neilu Naini, 5th dan, from Port Angeles Aikikai will be at San Diego Aikikai the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd March. This will be a fundraising seminar to help support Neilu's Hombu Dojo new rank registration. I urge you all to take this opportunity to attend this seminar and train with members of our family dojo in San Diego.
- March 15 & 16 - Sesshin with Genjo Marinello from March 15-17 at San Diego Aikikai. If you haven't attended a Zen meditation intensive before and are interested in doing so, please talk to me. I invite all of you to join us for our 30 minute sit on Thursday evenings from 7:30 - 8:00 pm following the weapon's class.
- July 5 - 10 - BNA Summer Camp will be held at San Francisco State University this year. Please put these dates on your calendars and stay tuned for further details regarding registration.
I hope you are all well, had a wonderful holiday season and are ready for the new year. The good news is the world didn't end on December 21 and we can continue training!
- The members are conducting a New Year dojo cleansing Wednesday evening January 2nd. Everyone is encouraged to participate. This will begin at 6:15 pm.
- Our first class of the year will be Saturday the 5th instructed by Alex Peterson Sensei. I anticipate this to be quite a vigorous class to begin the year.
- Wednesday's January 9th 7:30 pm class will be instructed by Leslie Cohen Sensei, 5th Dan from San Diego Aikikai and is a true inspiration. This is a great opportunity for us so please come and support. This class is typically for 3rd kyu and above. However, one may gain a lot from observing and I fully encourage you to attend.
- If you haven't seen them yet, be sure to check out the photos from the Kids' Testing & Shared Class as well as the Kids' Outdoor Party!