- We are looking ahead to our SoCal Birankai Regional weapons' seminar to be held at Daiwa, with guest instructor George Lyons Shihan, October 11 and 12. All of you who have been regularly attending weapons' classes are encouraged to attend. If any of you wish to attend and are unsure please speak to me. Please see the flyer attached and sign up at the dojo for carpooling arrangements. Two of our members, Sara and Daniel, will be testing along with others from other dojos, for nidan (also for shodan and sandan). This will be a great opportunity to support and observe a high level of examinations. Click here for more info.
- Sunday November 2, Daiwa will hold a memorial keiko for Jack Arnold Sensei. Dennis Belt Shihan will be conducting the class.
- Please make a note that on December 6 and 7, North County Aikikai will be hosting a seminar with JD Sandoval Sensei. Details to come.
Not much to report for this month of August. It is already proving to be a hot one so please make sure that you are well hydrated before class.
- Summer Party at Sensei's house, Saturday, August 23rd - it will be pot luck. Watch for further details.
- Thank you to those of you who have given your time and worked on the space underneath our new storage platform. There is still work to be done to finish and your continued efforts are appreciated.
- Our regional weapons' seminar will be held at Daiwa, the weekend of . There will be open classes for kyu ranks as well so please talk to me if you would be interested in attending. We will have two of our members testing for nidan so please make every effort to support them.
- I am happy to announce that JD Sandoval sensei has accepted our invitation to teach a seminar at North County Aikikai the weekend of December 6/7.
My congratulations to Cameron, Ben and Dean for passing your tests for 4th, 3rd and 2nd kyu. The quality of your tests was high and you were well prepared. A special thank you goes to those of you who took an active part in setting up and overseeing the many free practice sessions prior to the test: Sara, Daniel and Jeremy come immediately to mind. Excuse me if I have missed anyone out.
- The dojo will be closed on Friday, July 4th and Saturday, July 5th for the holiday weekend. If there is a senior student who would like to organize a class on the Saturday, please feel free to do so.
- Birankai Summer Camp is this month, July 18 through the 23rd. The dojo will be open for practice as usual.
As you will see, we have started the work to increase storage space in the dojo. Tim will be organizing the finishing of the project and we will be asking for all available help. He will be communicating soon about it.