Thank you all for your positive energy and efforts to keep the dojo healthy and energetic during my vacation. I hope that you all enjoyed the holidays and of course wish everyone the best of health in this new year. Can't believe it's February already!
- Monday, February 18 is President's Day and the dojo will be closed. However, with the Spring Intensive coming up the following weekend, I will be available to oversee a free weapon's practice for our senior students.
- Friday, February 22 through Sunday 24, is the Spring Intensive at Joshua Tree. This involves only a small group of our students, and classes will be held as usual at the dojo.
- Neilu Naini, 5th dan, from Port Angeles Aikikai will be at San Diego Aikikai the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd March. This will be a fundraising seminar to help support Neilu's Hombu Dojo new rank registration. I urge you all to take this opportunity to attend this seminar and train with members of our family dojo in San Diego.
- March 15 & 16 - Sesshin with Genjo Marinello from March 15-17 at San Diego Aikikai. If you haven't attended a Zen meditation intensive before and are interested in doing so, please talk to me. I invite all of you to join us for our 30 minute sit on Thursday evenings from 7:30 - 8:00 pm following the weapon's class.
- July 5 - 10 - BNA Summer Camp will be held at San Francisco State University this year. Please put these dates on your calendars and stay tuned for further details regarding registration.
Welcome to our new students at the dojo. If there is anything you would like to discuss with me about your new venture in to Aikido, please don't hesitate to let me know.