- November 1, 2 & 3 at Aikido Daiwa. Didier Boyet is our guest instructor. Many of you know him. Didier has practiced aikido for more than 40 years. He moved to Japan in 1977 to follow Chiba Sensei and has lived there since, practicing at Hombu dojo under such teachers as Doshu Ueshiba Kisshomaru, Osawa Kisaburo sensei, Yamaguchi sensei, Arikawa sensei and Shibata sensei. He also studied Muso Shinden Ryu iaido as a direct student of Mitsuzuka sensei. They will be able to offer beds to a few people on a first come, first serve basis. There will also be a pot luck dinner on Saturday evening after the last class and welcome any contribution to the activities. If there is anyone who wishes to attend but has financial constraints, please let me know. We will be arranging car pooling. Please watch the bulletin board at the dojo for further information. (seminar flyer attached).
- Didier sensei will also be teaching a two hour session of Iaido, the following Saturday, November 9 at North County Aikikai. A donation will be requested.
- Examinations will be held during the Saturday morning class, December 7th, for both adults and teens.
- December 14, 15 Seminar at San Diego Aikikai with Lizzy Lynn shihan.
- December 21 - dojo holiday party!
We chose a beautiful, clear and fresh morning for our weapon's in the park class. For those of you who did not make it, the location in Del Mar is stunning, with a magnificent view of the ocean from the green. We will be doing it again. We should have photos on our website soon.
As a reminder, the Thursday evening class has been extended to one hour and a half, from 6:15 - 7:45. This class is still primarily a weapons' class with the addition of a period of sitting meditation to focus the mind more clearly on the weapons' practice. For those of you who might feel uncomfortable about sitting on a cushion, a chair would be available. If you have any questions or hesitation about the sitting part of the weapons' class, please come and speak to me personally.
If you have any questions about your aikido practice and would like to meet with me personally - I would be very open to arrange a time.