- We are looking ahead to our SoCal Birankai Regional weapons' seminar to be held at Daiwa, with guest instructor George Lyons Shihan, October 11 and 12. All of you who have been regularly attending weapons' classes are encouraged to attend. If any of you wish to attend and are unsure please speak to me. Please see the flyer attached and sign up at the dojo for carpooling arrangements. Two of our members, Sara and Daniel, will be testing along with others from other dojos, for nidan (also for shodan and sandan). This will be a great opportunity to support and observe a high level of examinations. Click here for more info.
- Sunday November 2, Daiwa will hold a memorial keiko for Jack Arnold Sensei. Dennis Belt Shihan will be conducting the class.
- Please make a note that on December 6 and 7, North County Aikikai will be hosting a seminar with JD Sandoval Sensei. Details to come.
Here we are in October already. September just slipped by. The weather hasn't changed much. Special thanks for all of you who participated in the work/paint party at the dojo last Sunday. A lot was accomplished although it is not yet finished, there is more to do. Please stay tuned.
Not much to report for this month of August. It is already proving to be a hot one so please make sure that you are well hydrated before class.
- Summer Party at Sensei's house, Saturday, August 23rd - it will be pot luck. Watch for further details.
- Thank you to those of you who have given your time and worked on the space underneath our new storage platform. There is still work to be done to finish and your continued efforts are appreciated.
- Our regional weapons' seminar will be held at Daiwa, the weekend of . There will be open classes for kyu ranks as well so please talk to me if you would be interested in attending. We will have two of our members testing for nidan so please make every effort to support them.
- I am happy to announce that JD Sandoval sensei has accepted our invitation to teach a seminar at North County Aikikai the weekend of December 6/7.